Monday, January 30, 2012

Skipping Fridays is a theme?!

Well so far I've missed both Fridays! Oops. Not a great way to go into my weekend! Well I'm back on track for Monday morning and I'm excited to see what God is going to show me in His word!

Scripture
Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:1-3
"22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. "

Observation
I read here and see that if the church is a represenation of Christ's body, it would seem that there is only ONE body of Christ. So is it that I am part of a local church that is part of a much larger entity? Or is each local church an individual representation of the body of Christ? I wish I had more time on my hands to research things like this.

I know I definitely see that I used to walk accroding to the world and I can recall my conversations revolving around the "lust of our flesh" I am so grateful that God saved me and changed my heart! Its good to remember where I came from so that I can see how God has blessed my life!

Application
I am a little lost today about things. I'm going to try to research the church sometime soon so that I can feel a little more settled about that.

Otherwise, I'm going to try to be sure that my conversation reflects spiritual things!

Prayer
Lord, show me what you meant for church to be. Give me peace and understanding in this area of my life. Help me to show my children that you truly are the centre of our lives! Let all that I do and say today be to your honor and glory!!!

No comments: