Tuesday, January 31, 2012

TOGETHER in Christ :)

I'm so grateful for this bible study! Its really helping me stay focused on my walk with God! Thank you Girls!


Scripture

Ephesians 2: 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)


Observation

I love the language used here, God`s RICH mercy and His GREAT love. Another thing striking me here is that Paul is referring to US, he is including all believers into one group who are loved. Then he goes on to remind us that we were dead in sins. Yes, weren`t we all dead. That was our sentence, we were dead men walking so to speak. But Christ paid that penalty for us!!! Praise GOD!!!! He quickened us, TOGETHER, with Christ. Then he says by grace ye are saved, obviously he means himself as well. It seems to me like something I`ve been taught may be unravelling. Hmmm....


Application

Not too sure really how to apply this thought. I suppose these verses serve as a wonderful reminder that we were all walking dead, due to our sinful state and that ALL believers are loved by God and saved! I guess I want to try to be more humble because its by God`s grace that I`m saved not because of the rules that I follow!


Prayer

Lord, thank you for your mercy, love and salvation! Help me to be more humble.


No comments: