Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Being pro-active!

Well it appears that I may not have time to blog tomorrow so in the spirit of planning ahead I am going to do another 2 for 1 day.

Scripture

17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,


19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Observation

So, I've hit my first moment of confusion. I'm not sure if all who read this know that I belong to a church that believes that the King James Version of the bible is the only bible we should use. I have been questioning that belief recently and so I've been quoting the KJV here on my blog but I've been referring to both the KJV and the ESV while studying Ephesians with this group. In the KJV the word "spirit" is not capatilized, which I've been taught to mean it is not referring to the Holy Spirit which would show that in the verse it means that God is giving unto me a spirit...

(Spirit : Temper; disposition of mind, habitual or temporary; as a man of a generous spirit, or of a revengeful spirit; the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit. Let us go to the house of God in the spirit of prayer)

...of wisdom and revelation in the knowlege of him. But the ESV capitolizes the word Sprit, which would make reference to the Holy Spirit. That the Holy Spirit has been given to me and IS wise and reveals the knowledge of God. I suppose either way God is showing me giving me wisdom and knowledge of Himself. Funny thing is this would be an incredibly big deal to some people and now that I'm reading through and seeing differences for myself, it seems that the main message conveyed remains the same! God is giving me wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him whether if thats by giving me a disposition of mind or by the Holy Spirit!

And what does He want me to know?


  • He wants me to know what benefit there is to my calling; which I believe is to raise my children and be a good helper for my husband!


  • Also, the riches of His glory I will inherit one day!


  • The immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe!
Wow, those are wonderful things to know!

Application

I feel that I can be sure of my calling, but its good to remember that there is a benefit to following God's calling for my life. I believe that God will bless me with the riches of His glory! Also, I can call on His power! I know that the power of God is available to me and when I find it to continue in my calling I can draw on that power for strength and assurance.

Prayer

Thank you Lord for my husband and children and my place as a wife and mother. Thank you that not only will I one day recieve an inheritance but that I can also enjoy the blessing of my hard work in having a beautiful home, happy and healthy children, and of course a contended, loving husband who works hard for us because he cares for us! Grant me strength to carry on even when I have challenges in my day! Remind me of these verses.

No comments: