Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ack! What a day!

Before I blog my devotional entry, let me share a few tidbits from my personal life! So last night I did not sleep well. Wesley woke up around 1 ish for no apparant reason then around 3 our water pump was noisily pumping away without stopping, I soon realized that something was not right and had to get up and shut off the breaker for it. Next, Lacey woke up about 6 (yes she is an amazing 3.5 month old baby who actually sleeps like 10 hrs a night most nights for the past 2 weeks now!!!) Aaron was up also trying to fix what turned out to be a burst pipe (good thing turning the pump off stopped the flow of water) but to no avail :( After feeding Lacey I went back to bed until around 8, tried the pump again (as per hubby's instructions) and still no water. I then packed up my four kids and all our church clothes and headed over to my mother-in-law's house. Its super nice and quiet here because my MIL is up north right now so just my BIL is home. I'm hanging out upstairs sipping on coffee with vanilla syrup and cool whip topping in the peace and quiet while the kids are watching a movie in the basement. I forgot a few key items, Wesley's beloved bottle, Lacey's "go to sleep" music box and my deoderant... but I think I should get by.

Ok, so Day 3 of my Journey Through Ephesians bible study.

Scripture
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.


Observation

...And here is where I got interrupted to bath all four kids, nurse the baby to sleep, take a shower and put on another movie... and now I'm back to work!

...Or not, ok I got interrupted right after I typed that. But I'm back at it now! Seriously, finding it really hard to focus today!

Wow, God predestined us to obtain an inheritance! I guess there are some weird religions out there that take this to mean that only a select group of people are meant to have God's salvation but the way I see this is that God wants everyone to accept Jesus as their Savior. If I inherit something from a family member I have to take it.

Application
If we are to be to the praise of His glory I imagine we should stop back-biting and trying to devour one another. That would probably help. I think the key thing is to love others the way that God loved us. Sometimes, it seems like fellow Christians are too busy playing "holier than thou" and forget that we are supposed to be showing for Christ's love for the glory of God.

Prayer
Lord, let me be to the praise of your glory. Show me how to be what you want me to be today.


I kind of feel like I'm not doing this right. Lots of people in my group are using colored pencils and word lists?? Ack! Well, I love the Lord and I just pray and He shows me everything I'm supposed to learn from this!

No comments: