Friday, April 4, 2008

Pleasing man or God?


Galatians 1:10 "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

Was reading my bible this morning and read this verse and it really spoke to me! I had been talking to a friend of mine the other day and they were talking about TV and asking me if I'd seen a particular show. I said no and then explained that I hadn't been watching much TV lately and in the same sentence I lied and said "I don't know why, just haven't been into watching TV". But I DO know why! Its because of God in my life showing me that there is nothing but filth on TV and that I can do better things with my time. I knew this and yet I made an excuse so that I wouldn't have to explain this to my friend. Then this morning God showed me this verse and so I will pray that God will help me to be a good servant and not seek to please man... or in my words "make people like me" I will make sure that my main concern is not worrying about whether ppl think I'm looney but instead will just try to concern myself with doing God's will.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Amen!!
Besides...don't they already know you are looney?!
Sorry I couldn't resist!!

NiftyMama said...

Yes you are probably right! LOL! But I like to pretend I'm "normal" sometimes!