Thursday, February 2, 2012

Scripture for- today

Ephesians 2:8-9

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Observation

I've read and heard this verse a number of times and I believe that it is fairly self-explanatory. God gave us the gift of salvation and all we need to do to receive it is believe. That is so amazingly simple it seems that so many people complicate this process. The main thing I keep seeing is that if you don't get some part of it just right and don't see the right "fruit" in your life then you were never really saved in the first place. I think that THAT idea falls into the category of "works". I can't question another person's experience but I've heard things said on a regular basis that I can see how someone who's salvation experience was some time ago and maybe they've allowed things in their lives to take precedent over their relationship with God then maybe they would wonder whether their salvation is true! I believe that my faith in God has given me the gift of salvation that no person can take away...not even me! There is nothing I can do to get saved and nothing I can do to get UNsaved! Thank you God! The other part of this I see is simple...lest any man should boast. I have nothing to be 'proud' of.

Application

I did nothing to earn my salvation, God just gave it to me. I am nothing and I deserve nothing less than death. But thank God, He chose to sacrifice His one and only son to save me the sentence I truly deserved! I believe this. And that's just how simple it is! I need to stay humble, I am better than no one else. We are all just sinners, saved by grace!

Prayer

These verses just keep humbling me more and more. To the fact that I am nothing and that all I (or anyone else) needs is faith. Lord, help me to show others the simplicity of your love for sinners. That it really is not of works; whether I do things, or don't do things doesn't matter at all, it is believing that matters. My heart is yours Lord! Thank you thank you thank you!