Monday, February 13, 2012

Praise God for warm weather!!!

Thank you Lord for this gorgeous weather!!! My kids have been playing outside for like 2-3 HOURS!!! i got my dishes washed, almost all my laundry washed (although folding is another story) my floors swept, bathroom scoured and now I'm sitting here quietly to do my devotions while the lil babes nap :) .....

I spoke to soon, just after I typed that last line the two big kids came in from their nice long play outside and I was interrupted to make them a snack and get them settled on the couch reading books! Ok, so lets see how many times I get interrupted now.

Scripture.

Ephesians 3:

1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Observation

I am struck by Paul's commitment and loyalty to Christ. He is in jail because of his beliefs. Would we as Christians be that faithful? Could I truly stand so firmly in my beliefs that I would suffer in prison just to testify to others what God has done for me?

Application

Will I boldly share my faith with others despite what they'll think of me?

Prayer

Give me someone to share my faith with. Show me someone in my life who needs to hear the story of all the blessings you've given me! Let me boldly share my story, without fear or apprehension. Help me clearly see the blessings you've given me, Lord. Get my eyes of my struggles and help me appreciate how truly blessed I am to have You in my life! Others have had it so much harder than I have.

No comments: