Friday, February 3, 2012

I didn't skip Friday!




Scripture

Ephesians 2:10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them

Observation

God wants us to do good. We should be motivated to do good, not to show that we're saved, or so for people to see and think good of us but because God wants us to. He meant us to. It should come from the heart. It should not be forced or coerced from us in any way.

Application

I want to do the things that I feel led to do. There's nothing wrong with doing what I've been asked to do, but I think it has a whole lot more meaning if it's something that I want to do. I even see this in my kids. Sometimes they'll ask me if they can do a chore, like sweep, do dishes, vacuum, fold laundry etc and they do it with enthusiasm and seem to really enjoy the task. They WANT to please me. But if it becomes a regular chore and I set the expectation that they MUST do it. It seems to somehow lose its desire to them! I think we as Christians can become this way.

Prayer

I want to please you, Lord! Remind me of the things that I can do to make you happy! Keep in the forefront of my mind all the "good works" that I can do for you and let me see them in that way. Help me to not concern myself with what others think of me and focus on my relationship with you!!!

1 comment:

Dhirendra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.