Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 2

Well today is day 2 of no phone, no internet while the kids are awake. Its going surprisingly well! I can't believe how enjoyable it is! Danielle is super happy to have my full attention. This morning we colored pictures, made rice krispy squares and folded laundry together! I thought I would really miss the "adult" time on the phone... but its truly amazing what a lovely little girl I have when I'm actually really here for her. She listens to me better and is less whiny and is just happier overall! I think I'll need a little bit of "adult" time sometimes though so I think I'll head off to playgroup tomorrow, that way she can get some play time with other kids too.

The other thing I've been working on is drinking water. I always thought you were supposed to drink 8 cups of water a day to be healthy. WELLLLLLL, recently someone told me that you're supposed to take your weight (in lbs), divide it by 2 and thats how many ounces of water you should drink each day. I won't tell you how much water I have to drink, but lets just say its more than 8 cups. Surprisingly, I'm doing rather well at that also... and the days that I've succeeded are the days that I feel better! Well anyways, off to drink a glass of water a call a friend while the kids nap!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Cute picture!
I try to remember to drink more water too. You can over do it though, and flush nutrients from you body. I know someone who got quite sick from too much water, so be careful!

TO BECOME said...

My first visit to your blog. I will be returning. I love the picture. They look very happy. God bless you. connie from Texas

NiftyMama said...

I've heard of ppl getting 'water intoxication' I think it would take a lot more than what I'm drinking to get it though.... or at least I hope :P

Connie, Thanks for stopping by! Our pastor is from Texas!