Deborah Tagged me to do a "meme". Although I still exist in blog-land I really don't know anyone so I may transfer this to facebook after. But I will participate in the meme because she is Aaron's Auntie and I'm nice like that! LOL!
I was given 8 questions to answer and told to compose my own 8 questions to pass along. Which will be incredibly hard for me as I'm not terribly creative!
What is your 'life verse' or verses that have special meaning to you, (This could be scriptures that helped you through a difficult time or helped bring you to salvation, or impacted you in some other way.)
I could really go on and on about this one!
Isaiah 63:6 "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
2. And why? I thought that a prayer I said when I was 7 years old made me a Christian. I went on to live a wretced, sinful life all the while thinking I was just a 'backslidden' Christian. After the birth of my first child I started to think about her future and started seeking 'religion'. After hearing the preaching of the Word for months and months these verses were preached and finally it hit me. What I needed was not to 'clean up' my life. I needed salvation!!!!
3. What is your favorite story (or stories) from the Bible?
I love the book of Ruth.
4. Why is it meaningful to you?
She was an amazing woman. I can't even fathom the devotion she had to God and to her mother in law. I think an especially difficult thing she did was to give her child to Naomi. There are plenty of people who I love but I can't think of one person I would want to give my baby away to, no matter how good a person! But God told her to so she did. It reminds me that some of the sacrifices God asks me to make are really quite small. Of course my favorite part is Ruth 4:16 "And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it."
5. Do you have a favorite 'phrase' from the Bible? (such as 'it came to pass,' 'his mercy endureth forever,' 'count it all joy', 'but God' etc.)
Its a whole verse but still a 'phrase' I think 1 Thess 5:17 "Pray without ceasing"
6. Do you have some special memories or a testimony that you would like incorporated into a song? (links to special blog posts are helpful)
The most special memories to me are those of Wesley's birth and the time leading up to it where I really drew the closest to God. I don't think it could be a song!
7. If you had a theme song for your life and faith, what thoughts or statements would you want it to contain?
I'm not good at thinking things like that up.... I guess probably just how unworthy I feel to have been given salvation.
8. What would your theme song sound like? (what music style, fast, slow, upbeat, sombre...give an example of a similar sounding song if possible)
All of the above! I would imagine it to have plenty of ups and downs in pace and many genre changes throughout!
Wow, that was harder than I thought!!! And now I have to come up with my own 8 questions?? I don't think mine will be so deep... I'm changing the tone of this meme from thought-provoking and soul-searching to random and pointless!!!
1. What color are your laundry baskets?
2. How do you take your coffee?
3. Do you abide by the '5-seconds on the floor is ok' rule?
4. What is the messiest room in your house?
5. When you go out for coffee with friends, what is your favorite snack to order?
6. Who was your kindergarten teacher?
7. Where does dryer lint come from?
8. What scent is your deoderant?
I'm putting this on facebook now!